At Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry, we care about you and our community. That’s why we have spent the last few weeks dedicating time to learn more about the COVID-19 virus and updating our protocol to better protect you.
The safety of our patients and our team is always our top concern. While all of the currently recommended protocols were already in place, our team is highly trained and takes our infection control process very seriously. Our strict sterilization procedures have not changed, and they continue to protect us and our patients from both blood borne and respiratory pathogens. The chemicals we used have been tested and are effective against COVID-19, so we will continue to use them when cleaning after each patient. We will continue to wash our hands and change our gloves, masks, and glasses appropriately.
New Safety Measures
In addition to our already stringent standards, Lakeway Dentistry has heightened its infection control protocol by implementing some of our own changes:
- We have temporarily removed our treasure box to prevent children from touching toys in the box.
- We have removed all magazines from the waiting room, as they cannot be cleaned.
- We have removed all pamphlets, papers, models, and decorations from our treatment rooms.
- We will be seating patients upon arrival, and we will be wiping our door handles and frequently-touched surfaces hourly.
- We will be screening our patients for signs, symptoms, and risk factors that may make them a carrier of COVID-19. We will be prepared to take all patients’ temperatures.
- We ask that our patients follow CDC hand-washing guidelines and wash hands rigorously with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds and rinse thoroughly with water.
- If patients would prefer to wait in their car instead of the waiting room, we will gladly call your cell phone when your treatment is ready, so you can be escorted directly to your room. If this is your preference, we ask that you please just let us know ahead of time.
- We will have patients rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse for at least 30 seconds prior to their dental appointment, per the American Dental Association’s COVID-19 specific recommendation.
If you have an appointment with Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry and currently have any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose), please call our office, and we will reschedule your appointment. Additionally, if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and would like to get tested for COVID-19, Baylor Scott & White is currently offering drive-thru testing in Austin for patients that have a prior e-visit and/or an order from the e-visit team or an order from a BSW provider. For additional details, visit: https://www.bswhealth.com/pages/coronavirus-information.aspx
Our office continues to closely watch the recommendations from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The World Health Organization, The American Dental Association, and our President. However, if you would like to reschedule your appointment, we will happily accommodate your request as your health and comfort is our main priority.
We appreciate your trust and confidence in Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry and thank you for your continued support of our team!