At Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry, patient and employee safety has always been one of our primary goals. This is especially true during the COVID-19 pandemic and we wan’t to assure all of our patients that we are taking the necessary precautions to keep you and our staff safe with a variety of precautions and measures that are designed to minimize the risk of coronavirus at our office.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Safety Recommendations
We are following all of the CDC recommendations to provide a safe environment for dental care.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often
- Avoid close contact, when not receiving treatment
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask, when not receiving treatment
- Clean and disinfect the area – Beyond normal cleaning and disinfecting, we frequently clean and disinfect our office areas, to help minimize risk of spread
- Monitor daily health – Temperature checks and screenings before treatments.
Temperature Checks and Screenings
We screen our patient’s health history upon confirming the appointment and also when they arrive at the front desk to make sure they do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
We take their temperature with a no-touch infrared thermometer upon arrival, ask them to sanitize their hands with the sanitizer we provide, and give them a mask if they don’t have one.
Ongoing Safety Precautions
Masks Can Save Lives
We ask patients to keep their mask on until the doctor or hygienist is ready to start the treatment. If you do not have a mask, our staff will provide one. If you have a medical issue with wearing a mask, please notify our team before your appointment so that we can work to accommodate your needs.
In accordance with CDC and local recommendations/guidelines we must ask that all patients able to wear a mask, keep their mask on until you are requested to remove it for your treatment.
Staff Safety Guidelines
- Our team wears a variety of required PPE gear. Our hygienists wear double masks, face shields, and will ask the patient to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution prior to treatment.
- Most of our cleanings are done using hand scaling as we are following the ADA and TBDE guidelines to minimize aerosols and the use of the cavitron.
Office Safety and Cleaning Precautions
- We do a thorough cleaning of the operatory, wiping every surface with disinfectant wipes and spraying a disinfectant in the air
- Our sterilization room and equipment are always up to date to ensure that the most effective disinfection methods and formulas are utilized. This increases the effectiveness of the cleaning agents, without unnecessarily exposing our patients to harsh cleaning chemicals
- Our front desk disinfects everything from door knobs to bathroom fixtures after each patient
- We minimize the number of patients in the waiting room by being on time and seating them as soon as they come into the office
Creating a Safe Environment For Oral Health
Maintaining your oral health is a crucial aspect of your general wellbeing. We understand that this pandemic can make that difficult, however, we want to assure our patients that our team at Lakeway is doing everything in its power to create a safe office for you to continue getting expert dental treatments. If you have any questions about our safety guidelines and procedures, please let our staff know before your appointment. We look forward to helping you maintain your smile during these challenging times!