Dental bonding is a cosmetic and restorative dental procedure that effectively solves aesthetic dental concerns. It is a fast and effective treatment offered by Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry that provides excellent results for residents of Austin and the surrounding areas.
What is dental bonding?
The process of dental bonding allows us to correct certain cosmetic problems using a dental resin composite material. This resin can be shaded to perfectly match the color of your natural teeth and enhance the beauty of your smile. Once the composite is applied, it can be shaped to blend seamlessly with your natural tooth for a flawless appearance.
When is dental bonding used?
Bonding material is applied to dental enamel, so it is an excellent choice for perfecting the appearance of stained or damaged teeth. Here are some common cosmetic dental problems that can easily be corrected with the help of dental bonding:
- Teeth that are dark, stained, or discolored
- Teeth that resist traditional whitening procedures
- Dental enamel that is cracked, chipped or otherwise damaged
- Misshapen teeth that have irregular or rough edges
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
What are the benefits of dental bonding?
Dental bonding in Austin is an affordable solution to different dental problems. It can alter the appearance of your smile quickly and easily in just a single dental appointment. This gives you a seamless smile while correcting the appearance of stained or damaged teeth.
Why should I get dental bonding?
- Compared to other reparative procedures, dental bonding removes the least amount of enamel during preparation.
- Dental bonding can be completed during a single visit.
- It’s cheaper than other cosmetic dental procedures.
- It doesn’t require the use of anesthesia.
How does dental bonding work?
Your dentist will use a guide to choose the shade of resin that most perfectly matches your own. The surface of the tooth is prepared with filing and a special liquid. After this, the resin is applied and bonded.
Many patients never have an issue with their dental bonds, but they are not a permanent solution. Talk with your dentist about further dental work in the future.
If you think this procedure might help in shaping the smile you’re after, call Dr. D’Alfonso, dental bonding dentist in Austin, today at (512) 456-9427 and schedule a free consultation!