Sedation dentistry is making it easier than ever before for patients to get the dental care they need without unnecessary stress and discomfort. Even if dental anxiety has kept you out of the dentist’s chair for years, we can help you take control of your dental health.
Enjoy a calmer dentist visit
All kinds of people benefit from sedation dentistry, including:
- People who have an intense fear of dental treatment
- Patients who had prior negative experiences in the dentists chair
- People with strong gag reflexes
- People who are needle phobic
- Patients prone to dental sensitivity, or for whom Novocain is not effective
- People who want to complete multiple dental treatments in a short period of time
Our dental team offers a number of different sedation treatments to meet a wide variety of needs.
- Nitrous Oxide (commonly called “laughing gas”)
- Oral Conscious Sedation
- Intravenous (IV) Sedation
At Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry we also utilize non-pharmacological, environmental strategies to promote patient relaxation. Soothing amenities in our office include:
- Comfortable blankets
- Warm towels
- Calming lighting
- Movies that you can watch during treatment
Why do so many people come to Austin dentist Dr. D’Alfonso for sedation dentistry?
Customized Sedation Levels
You’re an individual, so our dental team will make sure that your sedation treatment is customized to suit your needs. We offer three progressive levels of sedation-nitrous oxide, oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation. When you meet with our dentist, we’ll consider the treatments that you are pursuing, your dental anxiety level, and your current health status in order to determine the best relaxation solution for you.
Experience and Excellence
Rest assured that you are in experienced and capable hands with our top-notch dental team. We have helped numerous anxious dental patients overcome their fears and achieve happy, healthy smiles.
A Relaxing Experience from Start to Finish
From the moment that you step into our Austin dental office, our friendly dental team will put you at ease. During treatment, you can listen to music, watch a movie, or cuddle up with a blanket. We even have team members who provide massage therapy services to help you combat tension.