Our Austin office provides modern services for all of your general dental care needs
Welcome to your new home for reliable and affordable general dentistry!
We provide a large variety of general dentistry services for both adults and children, in a friendly, relaxing environment. Stop by our dental office, conveniently located in scenic Lakeway, to get started on the road to better oral health.
Dental Insurance Video
Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry offers in-house dental insurance. Our insurance plans are an affordable way to maintain your smile and can be worked to fit into most budgets. Prevention is a key aspect of comprehensive oral health. Find out why how our in-house dental plans can help to cover your general dentistry costs!
We never stop learning and improving our dental practice; we’re proud to offer our patients a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art general dental treatments.
Why do so many people trust Austin dentist Dr. D’Alfonso for their family dental care?
Comprehensive General Dental Care
Our Austin dental office provides a full range of treatments that help our patients regain and retain proper oral health. From simple dental cleanings, to complex dental treatments and full mouth restorations, we provide a level of personal care that is unmatched in Lakeway and Austin.
Advanced Dental Technology
We never stop learning and improving our dental practice; we’re proud to offer our patients many innovative and state-of-the-art general dental services. Our Austin dental practice utilizes safe and fast digital X-rays. We help patients with user-friendly treatments for TMJ dysfunction, and promote advanced dental options with laser dentistry treatments. Feel free to talk to our local general dentist about how you can benefit from these, and other, life changing treatments.
Personal, Comfortable Care
Think of our dentists and hygienists as your partners in dental care. We are here to support you as you move toward a beautiful and healthy smile. We designed our office to feel like a cozy and homey environment for patients of all ages; relax with soothing music and warm blanket while we rejuvenate your smile!
What our patients have to say
“Everyone is friendly and courteous!”
General Dentistry Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to go to the dentist regularly?
- Regular visits to the dentist will help to ensure that you are maintaining proper oral health and are mitigating the risk of expensive and time consuming cosmetic and general dental procedures. If you are waiting for your teeth to hurt, before visiting the dentist, it might already be too late for simple general dentistry to fix your teeth. Prevention through routine general dental treatments is essential for a healthy smile.
Why do I need dental X-rays?
- While some general dental issues can be found with a expert visual inspection, there are many areas of the mouth that are difficult or impossible to observe without an x-ray. Our office uses state-of-the-art X-ray machines to safely and consistently check your oral health and guide any necessary general dental treatments. Detecting this issues early is not only crucial to protecting your smile, but also your overall health and wellbeing. Issues that may require an X-ray:
- Areas between the teeth (decay, plaque, etc)
- Some oral tumors
- Dental abnormalities
- Abscesses or other infected areas
- Gum disease
- Infected bone
Do you perform tooth extractions?
- Some general dentists need to refer to a specialist or oral surgeon to perform a tooth extraction. Our team at Lakeway is able to address most general dental issues, including tooth extractions. If think that you may need a tooth extraction, please get in touch with us to schedule an appointment today!
What does a general dentist do?
- General dentists specialize in dental and oral health treatments that focus on prevention and care. General dentistry is generally more utilitarian than cosmetic treatments, focusing on how to promote and maintain proper oral health and a functional smile. While some cosmetic treatments like teeth straightening do have practical benefits, they don’t target functionality to the degree of general dentistry. An expert dentist will be able to provide general and cosmetic services to their patients, allowing the practice to be a one-stop shop for dental treatments. By utilizing both cosmetic and general dental treatments, your dentist will be able to create a comprehensive treatment plan that balances functionality and a perfect smile. Luckily for our patients at Lakeway Cosmetic Dentistry, our resident expert dentist Dr. Robert D’Alfonso and his team are well versed in both general and cosmetic dentistry!
Why are my gums bleeding?
- Bleeding gums are often a symptom of gum disease and can become a serious dental issue if it is not treated quickly. Routine dental care and checkups are the best defense against gum disease, however, if you are already experiencing bleeding gums, it is essential that you schedule an appointment with an expert general dentist.
Can medication stop tooth pain?
- Medication can effectively stop tooth pain in the short term. However, chronic tooth pain is often a symptom of a bigger issue and is something that should be brought to the attention of your general dentist. If you are experiencing consistent tooth pain or discomfort speak to your dentist about treatment options and how to improve your oral health regimen. Catching an dental problem early can be the difference between a change in your dental routine or expensive dental sugery.