Teeth problems don’t just stop at your mouth. Studies show that missing teeth or gum disease can affect your overall health as well. Teeth issues can also lower your self-esteem and stop you from smiling. But there is hope—through full mouth rehabilitation you can get healthy teeth and a radiant, confident smile.
Full mouth rehabilitation, also known as full mouth reconstruction, is the process of rebuilding or restoring all your teeth in your upper and lower jaws. You may be a candidate for full mouth reconstruction if:
- You have lost teeth because of decay or tooth trauma.
- Your teeth are injured or fractured.
- Your teeth are worn from drinking too many acidic beverages, from acid reflux, or teeth grinding.
- You have persistent jaw or mouth pain because of your bite.
If you struggle with any of those issues, contact the Lakeway Center for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry today. Once you make an appointment, the dentist will evaluate your teeth, gum tissues and bite through in-depth examinations and X-rays.
After the evaluation, certain procedures may be recommended such as:
- Crown lengthening
- Reshaping gum tissue to give you a more balanced smile
- Placing crowns, bridges, dental implants, inlays or onlays to restore teeth
- Bone tissue grafting to help make teeth more stable for reconstruction
- Braces or Invisalign so teeth can be properly aligned for restoration
A full mouth reconstruction not only restores your teeth back to health, but also restores your self-confidence through a new, bright smile. If you would like to learn more about full mouth rehabilitation, contact the Lakeway Center for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry today.