Many people are moving into our every-growing city of Lakeway every day. It’s exciting, but whenever you move to a new town it’s always tricky finding a new dentist. It’s important to make a wise choice when picking your dentist, so you feel confident that your oral health is in great hands. Here are four tips on how to choose a new dentist:
- Make sure the dentist is near your home or work: If you find a great dentist, but they live far from you, it’s going to be hard to make appointments, and get the care you need. Look for dentists within a 10-mile range of where you live or work to make visits smooth and easy.
- Ask family, friends or neighbors where they go: Usually the best way to find a dentist is through a recommendation. If you are new to an area, and don’t know many people, asking your neighbor for a dentist recommendation could be a great icebreaker.
- Do your research: Stop by a visit a few dental offices just to ask about their services, but if you don’t have time for that, you can always look online or call the office. If you call the office, you can get a feel for what the front desk staff are like and how helpful they might be in the future. Here are a few questions you can ask them:
- What are your office hours, and do you have emergency dental services? Make sure that their hours will work with your schedule, and they will be there if you have urgent dental needs.
- How does the dentist stay on top of new dental developments? Even if the dentist has gone to a good dental school, it’s important that they never stop learning. Make sure the dentist and staff are always attending conferences and seminars to keep on top of new dental research.
- Do you accept my insurance? Do you let me look at the treatment costs and options before doing dental work? It’s important to go to a dentist covered by your insurance, and that you have the choice to say yes or no to treatment options.
- Make an appointment and observe: After doing all your research, pick one and make an appointment. Make sure the office is clean, and that the staff is welcoming, friendly and helpful. If anything during the appointment throws you off, choose the next dentist on your list to visit next time.
If you are new to the area and in need of a Lakeway dentist, we are happy to help. Contact the friendly, experienced dental staff at the Lakeway Center for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry today and set-up your appointment.